Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stuffed Roast Chicken

I haven't posted in a while, mostly because I'm super poor. Because of this, I had to figure out a recipe to make with things I already had (for the most part) and that I could get done before I leave for holidays.

Chicken to the rescue!

I, of course, had a freakishly large roasting chicken in my freezer, as well as some sausage. Woo!

This recipe calls for chorizo sausage, but I can't eat that *sad face* so I used some double garlic sausage from Premium Sausage (2009) Inc.

They have amazing products (ex. SUPER thick cut bacon...drool) that are preservative and filler-free, ideal for those of us that can't eat crap like that!

Check them out at http://premiumsausage.ca/.

This chicken calls for stuffing made of sausage, cannellini beans, onion and sundried tomatoes.

Turns out cannellini beans are basically white kidney beans, which is all I could find anyway.



The stuffing was unreal on its own, let alone after being soaked in chicken carcass juice. Mmmm.


The chicken turned out beautifully, granted that it took twice as long to cook because it was a mutant bird.


White wine gravy, of course! We don't own a gravy boat, so I figured a French Onion soup dish would work just fine!


Stuffing, post-carcass-juice :)


I served the chicken, gravy, and stuffing with roasted asparagus and new potatoes, of course!


This recipe was nice and easy, and fun. Also quick if you don't consider the three hours the chicken took.


All in all, I'd say it was a success!


*Page 31

No comments:

Post a Comment